The British Dragons are Putrajaya bound!
The British Dragons are going to Putrajaya!
It has been confirmed – Putrajaya race (official name: MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL 2010, PUTRAJAYA) will take place on 18th to 20th June 2010 (Fri-Sun).
Racing: distance – 500m (no 2km challenge this year) on the Putrajaya lake. 22 and 12 men crews (paddling in 20 men boats). Categories: open, ladies and mix.
- 18th June – according to the programme it is the practice day, which we can skip. We would arrange a bus to pick us up from Singapore on Friday afternoon.
- 19th June – racing all day
- 20th June – racing all day – optional return trip to Singapore (if we decide to miss the closing party)
- 21st June – return to Singapore if we decide to stay on at the party. You would need to take Monday off work
Please advise on you return preference because we will follow the majority.
Transportation: as last year – we will try to arrange a bus to take us from Singapore to KL on 18th and back on 20th.
Cost per person:
- Putrajaya Pack – USD 50 – which covers hotel, (twin sharing), breakfast, transport to race venue and back, lunch on Sat and Sun
- Transportation to KL and back – by bus should not be more than SGD 150
- Visas – Anchit – please make sure you have a valid visa for Malaysia 🙂
There is ONE goal – bring more (gold) medals than last time. Last year the team got 4 gold medals and one bronze… There will be Putrajaya team specific training in place, so if you are considering going, make sure you plan your weekends and Wednesdays according to the British Dragons training schedule. Please note that there will be a selection to go to Putrajaya made by the captains.
If you are interested here is the list of must do’s:
- send email to adrian.zuber [at] gmail.com confirming your participation + return option you prefer (Sun or Mon) + full name, surname + passport number + nationality + attach your photo
- show up on as many training sessions as you can – starting this Saturday!