Save the dates – races, more races, Christmas and all that
Hope the hangover from Sunday night is now but a distant memory! Onwards and forwards to pressing matters… As you may have seen (from facebook), there will be training at Farrer Park Swimming Complex later on TODAY.
Next, registration is now OPEN for the German Manoeuvre Cup (aka GMC), which is taking place on Saturday 13th November. We have entered ONE boat only (because we were too good last year so we have to even out the odds). You have until Sunday 7th November (MIDNIGHT) to register.
About GMC: The race will take place from 14.00 onwards, and this year two boats will race each other, rather than against the clock. There should be 10 boats (5 races), followed by knock-out races. Anyone can register. However, we can only enter 1 boat, so the others can go out for a training session if they’re keen, or can come along and spend the afternoon watching the race then join the party. The price is SG$20 per person, this is for race entry and for the after-party. This event is organised by the German Dragon Boat Team.
Recap – Important dates to mark in your calendar (if you haven’t done so already):
- Saturday 13th November – GMC (14.00 or normal training)
- Wednesday 17th November – LAND Training as the pool is CLOSED (details to be advised closer to the time)
- SAVA Sprints – Saturday 20th – Sunday 21rst November
- American Thanksgiving Fun Paddle – Saturday 27th November
- ***Christmas Party @ RedDot – Saturday 4th December
- ***Xmas Paddle & BBQ – Saturday 11th December (afternoon)
- ***Britcham Ball – Saturday 11th December (PM) (ask Nicky for further details, a table is being booked)
All of the events with ***, PLEASE can you email the lovely Social Secretaries Nicky and Gemma ((colonialmarsh [at] ymail.com; pepperpot95 [at] hotmail.com) NOW so that they can start forming an idea of numbers.
See you soon, Rebecca