Dear Paddlers !
EARLY SATURDAY TRAINING TIL JULY / GOOB IS ON / SDBF SIGN UP LINK / SARAWAK RACE / FITNESS TEST / LAST FRIDAY DRINK
1/ TRAINING IS THE COMING WEEKS
Saturday training will take place earlier at 9h30AM from now onwards, until the end of July. This is due to dredging in lovely Kallang River. The rest of our training sessions will take place on regular times. They are :
– Tuesday GOOB : Water training @ Kallang Riverside Park : 6h30AM => The best way to start Tuesday
– Wednesday : Pool training @ Farrer Park Swimming Complex : 7h00PM => improve your technique and eat a fantastic curry with the team after training
– Thursday : Bootcamp / Pilates @ Marina Bay Walk : 7h30PM => Get prepared for the fitness test
– Saturday : Water training @ Kallang Riverside Park : 9h30PM at the cage, on the water from 10h to 12h => Paddle hard
– Sunday : Water training @ Kallang Riverside Park : 8h30AM => Paddle harder
2/ SDBF Race July 23 & 24
The Singapore Dragon Boat Festival is one of the key races of our annual calendar!
It will take place on July the 23rd and 24th in Marina Barrage / Gardens by the bay.
The race distance is 500m. The British Dragons will most probably race in 4 categories on Saturday and 4 categories on Sunday.
SDBF is a great opportunity to race multiple times in a full week-end!
You have all received an email from the captains with the sign up link and with the details of the race.
As a reminder, here is the link : http://www.britishdragonboat.com/sdbf2016/
You have until JUNE 22 to sign up !
Make sure that you come to as many trainings as you can to get ready for it !
3/ SARAWAK Nov 11 to 13 – sign up deadline extended to July 12
If not done yet, Sign up for the international race in Sarawak from November 11th to 13th.
Our international Representative – Rochelle – has sent you an email with more details about the race and with the sign up link which is ON until July 12.
As a reminder, here is the link : http://www.britishdragonboat.com/sarawak2016/
4/ FITNESS TEST => keep on training !
Keep on training for the fitness test of July 9th in order to give the best of you in this challenge:
– 200m Solo paddling
– Beep Test
– Plank (hold as long as you can)
– Pushups (as many as possible in 1 min)
– Lvl 1 : on knees, or
– Lvl 2 : regular
– Pullups (as many as possible in 1 min)
– Lvl 1 : half, or
– Lvl 2 : full
– Situps (as many as possible in 1 min)
Go for it !
5/ Last Friday of the month Drink in Dallas – JUNE 24th
Let’s restore an old custom of the British Dragons : have a drink all together on the last Friday of the Month in our sponsor bar!
We all invite you to come down for an after work drink at Dallas Bar & Restaurant on Friday the 24th of June, starting at 6h30PM.
Don’t forget your membership card ! It allows you to have discounts on food and drink !